One day, my mom told me that I had to cook dinner. She insisted on an old recipe of lemon baked chicken from this cookbook alumni of her high school wrote. I jazzed it up – and now this is one of my favorite easy recipes!
2 lbs. of chicken, bone in, skin on – thighs, breasts, whatever you like.
Cajun/Creole Seasoning (whichever you prefer)
1. Heavily season the chicken with the dry ingredients.
2. Squeeze lemon juice on the chicken. You don’t really need to marinade it, just make sure there is a nice little pool of lemon juice at the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
3. Place a small pat of butter on each piece of chicken
4. Pour a capful of soy sauce on each piece of chicken.
5. Place the pan of chicken into a 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes. Make sure it gets nice and brown.
6. Enjoy! I like to eat it with rice, and place some of the sauce on the bottom of the pan on the rice 🙂