Tidbits: I once made this drunk and added too much cajun seasoning. Very salty. Don’t make this drunk. However, if you are in your right mind, it comes out delicious! It’s all in the seasonings. You can replace the chicken with shrimp…more vegetables. Whatever you like! You can also replace the heavy cream with half and half. But that’s no fun.
1 16 oz. package of fettuccine or linguine.
Chicken – however much you like. I use boneless/skinless breasts, or shrimp (about 1.5 lbs., peeled and deveined)
2 tspn cajun seasoning
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp butter
1 green bell pepper chopped
1 large yellow onion chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic minced
1.5 cups heavy cream
1/4 tspn dried basil
1/4 tspn lemon pepper
1/4 tspn salt
1/8 tspn garlic powder
1/8 tspn black pepper
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1. Season the chicken with the cajun seasoning and lemon juice.
2. Saute the vegetables in the butter till onions are slightly transluscent on medium/medium high heat
3. Add whatever meat you prefer – cook thoroughly.
3. Y’all know how to make pasta, right…
4. Turn down the heat for the meat and vegetables, and add the heavy cream.
5. Add all the dry ingredients.
6. Once the pasta is finished cooking and drained, add it to the sauce.
7. Let simmer for a couple of minutes. Then let sit. It should thicken a bit while standing.